Who We Are
Enzyvant is a commercial-stage biotechnology company on the leading edge of regenerative medicine for rare diseases. Our lead asset is FDA-approved RETHYMIC®, a tissue-based regenerative therapy for an ultra-rare and life-threatening pediatric immunodeficiency. It is an exciting time for the Enzyvant team as we deliver on our patient purpose and execute on our bold vision for growth.
Patients are the heart and soul of Enzyvant, inspiring deep meaning, passion, and purpose in our work. They are all the reasons for why, how, and what we do. At Enzyvant, we see a world where the promise of our breakthrough biotechnologies is fully realized to transform the lives of patients battling devastating rare diseases. To achieve this vision, we are pursuing new uses and geographies for our biotechnologies and providing extensive support to help families navigate the complexity of rare diseases with our Enzyvant Connect program.
The Enzyvant team includes some of the most innovative talent in the regenerative medicine sector today. We attract people in biotech who want to make their mark in regenerative medicine and deliver truly meaningful, life-changing solutions for patients. Our company culture values teamwork, innovation, empowerment, and integrity. Enzyvant has a small company feel with the reach and resources of our global parent company Sumitovant Biopharma Ltd. (wholly owned by Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.)
The Associate Director, Patient Support Services is responsible for the operational excellence of the Enzyvant CONNECT®, patient and caregiver support program, design, and implementation of patient services/hub programs to support the needs of patients with congenital athymia. The Associate Director plays a lead role in shaping and managing the implementing the program day-today operations to ensure patient access and caregiver support. This role develops the hub program SOPs business rules and training, Enzyvant Connect operations, QBRs, KPI development/tracking, and leads the selection and contracting of service providers. This role also manages all patient service operations while supporting a culture of transparency, collaboration, and growth.
The Associate Director, Patient Support Program, reports to the Vice President, Market Access.
- This role is responsible for the overall Enzyvant CONNECT® program operational execution, hub performance and accountability as aligned with the brand strategy, goals, and objectives
- Ensure hub performance is communicated to key internal stakeholders by implementing performance dashboard and improvement plans as needed
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives that will drive program enhancements to optimize patient/caregiver journey and access to Enzyvant therapies
- Ensure effective and compliant implementation of all program components
- Provide leadership, oversight, and management of the program to ensure the effective functioning of hub services by establishing and monitoring program goals, business rules, SOPs, and key performance indicators
- Lead cross functional teams to implement the brand patient support program strategy, monitoring execution and driving program optimization and performance, develop program enhancements that will optimize patient/caregiver experience
- Build and develop effective working relationships with external service providers and internal cross-functional stakeholders (brand marketing, medical, legal, account management and market access); is seen as a trusted advisor related to patient support
- Shares relevant brand insights and updates with commercial leadership and refines the program strategy and execution based upon new insights
- Provides input to brand marketing team for priority setting
- Negotiate and execute complex contracts/SOWs for desired services
- Monitor and assess performance of external services partners, ensuring they perform in accordance with agreed upon contracts. Applies appropriate corrective measures and/or develop alternative solutions to address performance issues
- Analyze hub operating data to identify trends and opportunities for process/program improvement. Oversees design, development, and implementation of workflows
- Develop and maintain all program materials, including call guides, SOPs, work instructions and training resources per Enzyvant’s legal, medical, and regulatory approval process
- Direct interface with patient support program vendors
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, scientific or related field (experience in case management a plus)
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing manufacturer hub operations or specialty drug patient services/call center
- Minimum of 8 years commercial or operations experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals with at least 5+ years leading hub operating teams
- Able to build hub and patient access services, development and implementation of SOPs, business rules and training
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturer compliance, patient confidentiality, product reimbursement and product access requirements
- Knowledge of regulations and laws governing the protection of patient identifying information, and CMS policies pertaining to access services
- Strategic business acumen and a data driven mindset
- Ability to align with brand priorities, customer needs and translate into design direction for patient support programs
- Experience in reimbursement and payer pull through
- Experience managing multiple patient service/reimbursement/co-pay vendors
- Recent rare disease product launch experience desired
- Strong track record of cross functional leadership
- Proven ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and Word and general Microsoft suite software